Friday, April 30, 2010

Random Blog 1

This week I saw a couple of Dr. Phil episodes that made me think of this class. They were about discipline dangers and fighting for your child. The fighting for your child reminded me of the movie we watched with kids with disabilities. There was a video that was shown that made me feel outraged. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The video shows a 14-year-old boy (non-verbal) with autism being dragged out of the classroom by some adult I don’t know if it was a teacher or not. Then he was put in a dark room. I couldn’t believe it and when the boy came home with ripped clothes his father went to the school and saw the shocking surveillance video. I was glade that the father saw something was wrong and fought for his son’s rights. Both episodes we very interesting to me and I tought a lot about this class when I was wathich them.



This video talks about if teachers should remove children from the classroom when they are acting up. In a way i think yes and no. Yes because it might be distracting to the other kids, but no because then the student you are sending out of the class is not going to learn. It is a lose lose situation because either the entire class get distracted from the less or the student you kicked out misses the entire lesson. I think the teacher should try to fix the situation first and then at the last result send the student out of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment